Let’s take a look at some of the best keyboards for Counter-Strike 2 and what you need to know about them.
Every CS2 player wants to become as good as possible and achieve the best results. Besides playing a lot, another important thing users need to do is get the proper gaming gear. This will allow them to maximize their potential and perform better than others.
After covering the top 5 gaming mice for Dota 2, it is time to take a look at the best keyboards for Counter-Strike 2. A lot of people know that this is also important because CS2 is a shooter and requires you to have a good keyboard. There are many important things you need to know about it, so let’s learn more about them.
What kind of Counter-Strike 2 keyboard should you go for?
Nowadays, there are many different kinds of keyboards for CS2 you can choose from. Generally speaking, we can divide them into 3 big groups:
Starting with the latter, there are not that many Hybrid keyboards around, even though they seem interesting. The idea behind them is that they’re a membrane keyboard that feels like a mechanical one, which should combine the best of both worlds. However, the reality is that they are not the same.
When talking about the best keyboards for Counter-Strike 2 a lot of people will choose the membrane ones. They are the most popular options out there and have been around for many years. Some of them are good, but this technology is known for being cheaper to produce and it does not last as long as the rest. Consequently, the membrane keyboards are not that good for CS 2 and most people will only get them if they are on a budget.
Lastly, we have the best keyboards for CS 2- the mechanical ones. If you take a look at some of the leading brands for gaming gear, you will see that almost all of them offer only mechanical keyboards. They are famous for being much more durable, they last longer and are a bit more expensive than the rest.
Each key in a mechanical keyboard has its “mechanism”, which is not the case with the membrane ones. Depending on the mechanical switches you go for, some keys may last for more than 50M+ strokes. Each physical switch allows you to have a much more pleasant experience when pressing a key. That’s one of the reasons why gamers worldwide prefer those kinds of options.
What kind of mechanical keyboards for CS 2 are there?
Whether you decide to play CSGO or CS2, one of the important things to look for in a mechanical keyboard is the type of mechanical switches. There are several different types and colors, and each one stands for something. Here’s a quick overview of what you can expect to find:
- Linear Switches – Those do not have any tactile sound when you press them. They are characterized by having a medium noise level and are good for gaming. Usually, the Linear switches are Red, Yellow, and Black.
- Tactile Switches – As their name suggests, these types of keyboards for Counter-Strike 2 have a specific click, as well a a tiny bump when you press them. They are good for gaming and typing. In terms of the colors, they come in Brown and Clear.
- Clicky Switches – These are the go-to options for gaming and typing because they have a fairly loud noise level. Usually, the switches that are clickly are Blue and Green.
Keep in mind that each gaming gear company may have its own variation of the particular switch. Usually, Cherry MX is the leading brand when it comes to mechanical keyboards and switches. However, all of the big brands, such as Razer and SteelSeries, have created their own variations. That’s why you need to check the specific brand before deciding what to use.
How to choose the best keyboard for Counter-Strike 2?
To choose the best keyboard for CS2, you need to know what to pay attention to. So, here are a few things that keyboards are known for:
- Anti-Ghosting – The first feature to look for in a keyboard for CS 2 is anti-ghosting. What this means is that you will have the chance to press multiple keys at once without worrying that your keyboard will lag. Usually, all of the medium to high-level keyboards support this feature.
- Connectivity – A lot of gamers, especially those who like Counter-Strike, will choose a wired keyboard because it’s more secure. However, many of the newer market options are offered in wired and wireless formats.
- Macro Keys – Even though macros are not as popular in CS2 as they are in games like World of Warcraft, a lot of people like having them. Many keyboards provide tons of extra keys that people can press, whereas others allow them to program each key on their existing one.
- Size – Besides the classic full-size keyboard available for all kinds of games, you can also come across the so-called TenKeyLess. They are more compact, which is why a lot of people like them.
Examples of the best keyboards for CS2 and CSGO
When talking about the best keyboards for Counter-Strike 2 and CSGO, there are a few good examples you can try out.
HyperX Alloy Elite 2
The first keyboard that deserves more attention is from HyperX, a company known in the gaming space. This is a compact RGB mechanical keyboard that offers everything you need to play. However, it does not have any special media keys, which can be a pro or a con, depending on how you look at it.
SteelSeries Apex 3
The next option on the list is called SteelSeries Apex 3, and it’s another RGB keyboard. What’s interesting about this one is that it’s full-size, has a simple design, and features media keys. This, combined with its attractive price point, makes it one of the go-to options for many people.
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
Lastly, we have a proposition from Razer, one of the most well-known companies when it comes to gaming gear. People interested in finding the best keyboard for CS2 will like this one because it’s really durable, has some additional features, and it uses Razer’s clicky switches. This makes it really attractive when playing.