The latest CSGO Update has brought major changes to Danger Zone as well as some economy changes which will impact competitive play.
With respect to the economy, the round loss bonus has been capped at 5 rounds. This means that if a team wins a round after losing more than 5 successive rounds and immediately lose the one after that, they will receive $2900 instead of $3400.
Other changes have brought some neat features in the UI, with a “Looking to Play” feature that allows the player to make themselves available to play. The watch tab also contains upcoming events which is provided by HLTV with a notification feature.
Lastly, Danger Zone has received a significant update with some new starting options like Armour and Helmet, as well as a purchasable Drone Pilot upgrade.
The full update is as follows:
- Unlocked Drone Pilot Tablet, Bonus Wave Money, Bonus Explore Money, and Armor+Helmet as starting item options.
- Drone Pilot upgrade is now available for purchase in the Tablet Buy Menu.
- Tasers will now always open the crate they are fired at; they no longer sometimes do partial crate damage.
- Shields dropped from death have a slight delay before being automatically picked by nearby players.
- Fixed some instances of safe models spawning in midair.
- Fixed item outline colors on dropped grenades.
- Map collision fixes and stuck spot removals, and a few visual bugs squashed too.
- Loss bonus money will now always step down to $2,900 after a team with a $3,400 max loss bonus streak wins a round.
- Introducing the “Looking to Play” feature: players can now advertise themselves as available for party invites, can be invited by other parties from the “Looking to Play” tab of their CS:GO friends list, and can accept party invites from the CS:GO main menu.
- Introducing CS:GO Events: players can now see an HLTV-provided schedule of professional LAN events in the Watch tab. Favorite your preferred community tournaments and get notified about professional live matches on the CS:GO main menu.
- Friends and other players can no longer join lobbies that already entered matchmaking queue.
- Fixed exploits related to vote commands.
- Latest updates to community maps Ruby and Workout.
- Minor bug fixes
- Clean Up
- Added setdressing
- Added boost in Alley
- Added boost spot in mid for Ts
- Overall gameplay tweaks
- Trimmed excessive areas
- Improved overall gameplay flow
- Large changes to mid to improve flow
- Rerouted alley from a main to mid
- Removed ladder bug
- Removed pixel walk
- Fixed boosting into the hole in Kids Zone
- Deleted a rougue spawn point
- Fixed some shadow issues in the court area
- Brightened the shower area slightly
- VBSP: Fixed a rare bug in displacement physics hull generation during map compilation that could result in large gaps near the edges of completely flat displacement surfaces.