– Advertisement –
CSGO just received a major update that has reset the matchmaking ranks of players across the globe. Valve pushed “multiple changes to the competitive matchmaking algorithm” in the game’s August 1 patch.
All players will have to win a game to see their new rank, which has likely changed a few tiers (for NA servers atleast).
Before the update, the CSGO matchmaking experience was abit of a meme for players stuck in low-skill groups as the game always struggled to match those in the lower-skill groups against equally skilled teams.
Often players stuck in “Silver Hell Hole” were getting matched against MG-tier or LE-tier teams. The experience was extremely bad in NA servers where the population of actively looking players had suffered drastically and was way lower than what we saw before Covid lockdowns hit.
However, Valve is once again trying to entice players to push for Global Elite in CSGO by making some major adjustments to the in-game competitive matchmaking algorithm.
“Typically when we ship changes to CSGO’s matchmaking system, the adjustments are small enough that we don’t include them in our release notes,” developers tweeted on August 1. “However, today’s update affects all CSGO players so it requires some explanation.”
“When you launch CSGO, you’ll notice that your Skill Group is not displayed–you’ll have to win one more match to reveal your Skill Group. Most of you will notice a change to your Skill Group, but some of you may find that you were already in the right place.”
CSGO August 1 patch notes
- Changes to Cannons
- Altered the angle that the North cannon faces
- Cannons can now be aimed upwards and are now 2x faster
- Now have 3 firing speeds (change with mouse2)
- Reduced inaccuracy multiplier
- Killfeed now shows weapon icon
- Produce a beefy screen shake and more particle effects
- Base model now also rotates
- Added damage falloff to cannonballs after their initial collision
- Fixed being able to bumpmine away from cannon and keep control
- Fixed cannons continuing to turn when no longer in use
- Added bus to bus stop outside Industry
- Multiple changes to the competitive matchmaking algorithm, which will require Skill Groups to be recalibrated for accuracy. Your Skill Group will not be visible until you win your next match.
- Game instructor should now correctly reload saved state if it is disabled and re-enabled.
- Game instructor floating hints are disabled in competitive matches.
– Advertisement –