Where do all the weapons stand on the Fortnite weapons tier list? These ae the best Fortnite OG weapons that are back for the current season.
The latest Fortnite season has changed a lot. For just a bit over a month, we’re getting a return to the very first Chapter of Fortnite. The OG Fortnite map has made a comeback but that’s not all. We’re also looking at the return of most of the OG weapons we’ve had over the years. How do you know which to carry? Our Fortnite weapons tier list can help you decide what’s worth seeking out and what’s worth leaving alone.
Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 5 has brought back loads of original weapons. In a lot of cases, these are well-missed guns that it’s great to have back. It isn’t just nostalgia though, some of these guns are the most useful for levelling up in the Fortnite Ranked mode. Others though might be better remembered than actually playing again! Our Fortnite OG weapons tier list looks at how these weapons are playing today, not just how well we remember them.
If you want to make sure you’re still use the best guns, we’ll run through they all divide up and what the most important guns to grab each time are.
Fortnite Weapons Tier List
S Tier – Best Fortnite OG weapons
These are the very best weapons in the game at the moment. The guns which are standing out in the loot pool and helping players get an advantage heading back in the first Chapter of Fortnite.
The Pump Shotgun is back in Fortnite OG! This has to be the best shotgun of our nostalgia season. It might not quite handle how it did in your memories, and it’s a little shy of 1 shot kills, but it’s a great shotgun. This weapon is the most powerful out of the Fortnite weapons tier list. It’s slower firing but does the most damage. Paired with boogie bombs it can be an absolutely lethal combination.
The Scoped AR is one of the unvaulted Fortnite OG weapons that easily makes the high tier. Its scope allows you to hit players at a greater distance, perfect for picking people off in the wide-open map. It’s slower than the other ARs, but makes up for it in accuracy. Weather you carry this or the AR in the top of the Fortnite OG weapons tier list is personal preference. However, there are few faults with this gun.
The other AR in the best Fortnite OG weapons is standard one. If you can grab this in the higher Scar rarities it’s one of the best guns in the game. Compared to a few seasons ago when this gun made a comeback, the original is much more useful. If you’re accurate enough then it’s fire pattern shouldn’t be a major problem. It’s a standout from the Fortnite OG Weapons tier list and a must carry for a lot of players this season.
Another shotgun hitting the highest section of the Fortnite weapons tier list this season is the Heavy Shotgun. It’s slightly less powerful than the pump, but a good bit faster. It’s a perfect middle ground if you’re not quite accurate enough for the pump. Compared to the faster Tac, it’s substantially harder hitting and only a bit slower.
The Sniper Rifle’s power in early Fortnite is a weird one to quantify, because it’s just as much about map design as it is about it is the gun itself. This is a weapon which lets you pick players off in the open. Since the original Fortnite map is so much more open than ones we’ve had since, it has some natural benefits. In skilled hands this is one of the best Fortnite OG weapons. Keep in mind it’s different to the newer Sniper, this one was fresh unvaulted in Fortnite OG.
A Tier – Fortnite OG Weapons Tier List
This is the second tier down, not quite the best but definitely up there. For some players these guns could still be your favourites. They’re definitely worth picking up, even if there not quite the best Fortnite OG weapons:
- Hunting Rifle – The Hunting Rifle has a lot going for it with its high accuracy. If you have god-like aim this will absolutely beam. It’s a bit difficult for most players though which keeps it out of the top tier
- Grenade Launcher – The grenade launcher is great for smashing builds and pressuring players. You’ll rarely grab the win with one but they can be an important part of your loadout.
- Hand Cannon – A very powerful choice for pistol, but outgunned by shotguns most of the time. High for a pistol in the Fortnite OG weapons tier list.
- Burst Assault Rifle – The Burst AR is great if you’re really confident with aim, so it definitely belongs high on the Fortnite weapons tier list. However, it’s a bit trickier to use than the standard AR.
- Rocket Launcher – The Rocket Launcher is good for pressuring and has slightly better kill potential on its own than the launcher. Although, it’s a bit circumstantial and rare to be on the very top tier of the game.
- Traps – Very circumstantial, but fantastic. These don’t take up an inventory spot and nothing feels better than grabbing a kill with one. They just aren’t really something you can rely on.
B Tier – Fortnite OG Weapons Tier List
The B Tier of weapons take another big of a step down. This is where weapons really start ot get more circumstantial to carry in every game. It’s not to say you can’t win games of Fortnite with them, but they won’t make it as easy as those higher in the Fortnite weapons tier list.
- Light Machine Gun – Spray is a little tricky on this one, but it still has its pros.
- Stink Bombs – Great for pressuring players boxed up. Most should be able to deal with them fairly easily though.
- Suppressed SMG – The SMGs are outplayed this season with so many great shotguns. This one is on the stronger side though.
- Bush – Just here for the memes.
C Tier – Lower Fortnite OG Weapons
This last tier is the bottom of the game’s meta right now. These guns are roughly outplayed or just not useful enough. They likely still have a few fans. This is a throwback nostalgia season after all. However, they aren’t ones to seek out for the majority of players.
- SMG – The weaker of the two SMGs, which is an underpowered category this season anyway.
- C4 – Way too circumstantial to be that useful. Good for recreating the explosive car memes though.
That’s roughly where everything ranks in the Fortnite OG weapons tier list. This is a more tightly structured loot pool though. As a nostalgia season, there’s reason to carry everything. Its only here for a bit more than a month, so try and test out everything. A lot of these items might be lower on the Fortnite weapons tier list, but it could be your only chance to have a bit of fun with them.