– Advertisement –
A new update has been shipped to CSGO on August 1, 2022, and it resets the competitive ranks of all players throughout the world.
The competitive rank recalibration update comes just a few days after the massive ban waves in July 2022. The initial ban wave saw over seven thousand CSGO accounts being banned within the span of three days between July 14 and 17.
CSGO Ranking System Fixed
Once players log into the game after the August 1st update, they’ll have to win one competitive game to display their rank again. As stated in the official blog post, this new rank might differ from players’ past ranks.
Alongside the competitive rank reset, the new CSGO update also brings some other changes to the title. These changes include adjustments to the new map Ember and some other fixes that fans can read all about here.
In the blog post, the developers have also confirmed that the Antwerp Major Stickers will go off sale on August 8th. If you’re looking to grab a few stickers for yourself, be sure to purchase them from the in-game store before then.
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is a 5v5 competitive shooter that was developed and published by Valve in 2012. The title is currently available to play on PC for free and can be downloaded exclusively from Steam.
CSGO Patch Notes 2 August 2022
- Changes to Cannons
- Altered the angle that the North cannon faces
- Cannons can now be aimed upwards, and is now 2x faster
- Now have 3 firing speeds (change with mouse2)
- Reduced inaccuracy multiplier
- Killfeed now shows weapon icon
- Produce a beefy screen shake and more particle effects
- Base model now also rotates
- Added damage falloff to cannonballs after their initial collision
- Fixed being able to bumpmine away from cannon and keep control
- Fixed cannons continuing to turn when no longer in use
- Added bus to bus stop outside Industry
- Multiple changes to the competitive matchmaking algorithm, which will require Skill Groups to be recalibrated for accuracy. Your Skill Group will not be visible until you win your next match.
- Game instructor should now correctly reload saved state if it is disabled and re-enabled.
- Game instructor floating hints are disabled in competitive matches.
Follow Us On Twitter and Instagram For More Such News.
– Advertisement –